Average Joe Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average Joe Baseball League

+3
Patri09sox
erecyor21
Admin
7 posters

League Settings....

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

League Settings.... Empty League Settings....

Post  Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 pm

so i had some time to look over what options and setting the online league will allow me to use for our league. The following settings are what i am leaning towards going with as of now... the 2 main factors i took into account were that this is season 1 of a new game, and what we were using last season.. (i believe we started on all-star and then bumped up a level)

so here is what im looking at...

2 Division
    18 Teams (i like 18 for season 1, we can add or subtract for the next one)
    8 Playoff Teams (almost half make the playoffs)
    1 game series (anything more makes the season too long)
    35-37 games per season
    3 series per div. opp.
    2 series vs interleague opp. (i assume this will be the flexibility in the schedule comes from.. cause 3 vs div, and 2 vs non = 42 games)
    40 days to play regular season games.
    Fantasy Draft ON
    Draft Timer 60 seconds
    Trades ON
    Auto Resolve ON (meaning i have up to 24 hours after the the series expires to decide the outcome of the game, after that the cpu sims it)

Hitting Diff All Star
    Pitching Diff All Star
    Guess Pitch OFF
    Hot Zones OFF
    Strike Zone ON
    Balks OFF
    Injury ON
    Balls and Strikes Variable
    Presentation Mode Real Time
    Ejections ON

There have been questions regarding the settings as to classic or analog controls for hitting and pitching... these settings stay with the individual user and not the league.. so it is completely up to you guys which settings you prefer.

comments, questions, concerns?? lets hear them

Last edited by Admin on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    erecyor21
    erecyor21

League Settings.... Empty Re: League Settings....

Post  erecyor21 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:54 pm

def should play on fast play games go by quicker.. i think there is an option for fast play with hr celebration any thought to this. i just feel with out fast play the game drags on.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:21 pm

i do agree with you on this one.. we had this issue last year as well... last year we played on "broadcast" that did take forever.. we switched to "real-time" and it cut out all the replays and cut scenes, and HR celebrations.. it really did cut the time down... i have played a few games online using fast play.. it does almost feel too rushed this year... but i am open to switching to it.. i just need more feedback.. so try it out on the 2 diff settings and let us know what you think... real time vs fast play??
    erecyor21
    erecyor21

Post  erecyor21 Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:26 pm

will do !
    Patri09sox
    Patri09sox

League Settings.... Empty Looks good

Post  Patri09sox Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:18 pm

My main concern in this game is Guess Pitch settings. I'm glad you set it to off cuz GP is one of the cheeziest things to have in the game. I don't even know why they make the game with that option, it's like cheating IMO. When you can drastically increase the percentages of knowing what pitch is coming and where the game of baseball loses it's integrity. Even if you guess wrong on both then you automatically can eliminate that pitch and that location still increasing your chances of guessing right.

Thanks for having that OFF Justin.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Patri09sox wrote:My main concern in this game is Guess Pitch settings. I'm glad you set it to off cuz GP is one of the cheeziest things to have in the game. I don't even know why they make the game with that option, it's like cheating IMO. When you can drastically increase the percentages of knowing what pitch is coming and where the game of baseball loses it's integrity. Even if you guess wrong on both then you automatically can eliminate that pitch and that location still increasing your chances of guessing right.

Thanks for having that OFF Justin.

i agree 100% with you... the game just feels cheesy with it on.. and to be completely honest with you.. i have noticed that playing with guess pitch OFF makes you a better hitter in this game.
    Bori
    Bori

Post  Bori Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:19 am

Good stuff, im good with these settings.
    IBEW 124
    IBEW 124

Post  IBEW 124 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:53 pm

I like the settings. As for fast play, NO, if you want to hurry up just hit X to move on. Fast play makes the game go way too fast. Pitch pitch pitch no time to even think.
    erecyor21
    erecyor21

Post  erecyor21 Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:37 pm

IBEW 124 wrote: I like the settings. As for fast play, NO, if you want to hurry up just hit X to move on. Fast play makes the game go way too fast. Pitch pitch pitch no time to even think.
    most of us are in other leagues and with work and other things combined sitting there watching guys walk up and sh*t takes to long, we did it last year and it was painfully long. plus we got to play 1 game a day would be nice to get more then one game a day if possible
    IBEW 124
    IBEW 124

Post  IBEW 124 Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:19 pm

All you have to do is hit X and you will be at the plate and ready.
    StepIN2daFIRE671
    StepIN2daFIRE671

Post  StepIN2daFIRE671 Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Settings are cool with me. But I like looking at stats and stuff in the begining but I'm sure it'll get irritating as theseason progresses. Thanks again..
    bestout51683
    bestout51683

Post  bestout51683 Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Sounds good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm