Average Joe Baseball League

Dynasty League

purplesmurf710

Dynasty League

Post  purplesmurf710 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:25 pm

I don't know if this is possible, but I figure with all of the effort being put in to come up with a great league that having a continuous roster would be really fun and challenging. I would rather have a roster that I know and like than have to do a fantasy draft every 40 days. Again, don't know if it's possible, but something I would love to have.
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Dynasty League

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:39 pm

its not an option... the game doesnt let us carry over our rosters to the following season
    purplesmurf710

Post  purplesmurf710 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Yeah I kind of figured as much. Some of the online limitations are starting to bother me though,these would be very easy additions to the game.
    MZimmerman113

Post  MZimmerman113 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a dynasty league if it were possible....drafting is one of the most fun parts of the league to me. Playing 40 games w/my team seems about for me before I wanna draft again.
    Patri09sox

Post  Patri09sox on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I really don't wanna keep drafting teams either. The drafts take too long. I wish they would implement a dynasty mode for online league play.
    Bori

Post  Bori on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 pm

I don't see a problem with drafting teams.. but i was thinking... maybe we can alternate and do regular team seasons every other season. On the regular team season, we can reward the most active owners with higher picks to pick their teams. I mean something along those lines.

That way, some of you that don't want to draft every year, get a break every other season. And on the non-draft seasons, active owners get rewarded.

Or we can reward the top 2 teams with the top 2 teams with the first 2 team picks, then go with the most active owners.

BTW this is kinda of what we do with our league on NBA2k, but a little different... No DYNASTY on their either.. or at least we start fresh every year, and we all seem to enjoy it.
    erecyor21

Post  erecyor21 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Bori wrote:I don't see a problem with drafting teams.. but i was thinking... maybe we can alternate and do regular team seasons every other season. On the regular team season, we can reward the most active owners with higher picks to pick their teams. I mean something along those lines.

That way, some of you that don't want to draft every year, get a break every other season. And on the non-draft seasons, active owners get rewarded.

Or we can reward the top 2 teams with the top 2 teams with the first 2 team picks, then go with the most active owners.

BTW this is kinda of what we do with our league on NBA2k, but a little different... No DYNASTY on their either.. or at least we start fresh every year, and we all seem to enjoy it.

its tough not to draft everyone will go with the yanks boston and what not then some later has to use the the Indians ? you don't have to sit at the draft i wasn't able to make it and set my draft card and my team came out pretty well i would take that over any non drafted team makes it fun and im sure more people would stay active with a drafted team as it should put every once close with equal teams
    Bori

Post  Bori on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:36 pm

erecyor21 wrote:
    Bori wrote:I don't see a problem with drafting teams.. but i was thinking... maybe we can alternate and do regular team seasons every other season. On the regular team season, we can reward the most active owners with higher picks to pick their teams. I mean something along those lines.

its tough not to draft everyone will go with the yanks boston and what not then some later has to use the the Indians ? you don't have to sit at the draft i wasn't able to make it and set my draft card and my team came out pretty well i would take that over any non drafted team makes it fun and im sure more people would stay active with a drafted team as it should put every once close with equal teams

Great points erecyor!

The way i this system would work (just a suggestion) would be is that it will reward the most active teams; or the top 2 or 3 teams, and then the most active. Or we can even do it with the lower seeded teams and reward them higher team picks.

By rewarding, its when they will select their team, what pick they will be. For example lets say erecyor plays wins the world series, you will get first pick. Or if we use the second option, lets say erecyor and bori play in the world series, we both would get 1st and 2nd pick; and lets say hoodlum was the most active member in the league, he would get the 3rd pick and so on. The last option is pretty self explanatory. This is just an example.

I am all for drafting, trust me, but i think playing with regular teams every other year would mix things up a little. Plus it will give members an incentive to play their games. Also this is just a suggestion, thats what this section is for.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:14 pm