Average Joe Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average Joe Baseball League

+8
bestout51683
ebrad56
farrar2428
Patri09sox
egotgame
destyni9
h00dlum850
Admin
12 posters

MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST Empty MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST

Post  Admin Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Alright fellas... it's SHOW season again... i have had numerous inquires about putting together a league for MLB the Show.. and since we had such a great time last year with them, we're going to give it another go.

For those who were around last year playing our Show leagues, i think we are going to try to run a very similar system. For those who werent around... this is the general idea of how we will try to run things...

14-20 League Members

Every season starts with a Fantasy Draft, so if you dont like your team. you draft differently next season.

Seasons will run back to back to back, with as little as 2 days between Championship game and the following seasons draft.

The league will likely be broken into 2 divisions. I will try to set up the schedule so each team plays 30-50 games.

IF the game is set up like last season, the schedule will be a "flex schedule." Meaning it allows you to play any game in a block of 9 games in any order you want.

We will be on the pace of 1 game per day, but with flex scheduling it is very easy to get ahead of your schedule so you dont necessarily have to play a game everyday.

If you are interested in playing, and can commit to being an active and positive member to this league... please sign up below.

i will also be looking for a few select members that i can enlist as co-commish's to help me out from time to time and step into a leadership role to keep this league going strong.

I will keep the "teams taken" list updated as i get confirmation from you guys.

Teams Taken
    1. Angels - JustinLarson
    2. Rangers - BoriCubano
    3. Redsox - Erecyor21
    4. Indians - Awarning
    5. Mariners - StepIN2daFIRE671
    6. Phillies - surgnrse1013
    7. Pirates - hoodlum850
    8. Mets - Destyni9
    9. Dodgers - Egotgame
    10. Orioles - Patri09sox
    11. Reds - MZimmerman113
    12. Brewers - Farrar2428
    13. Braves - bestout51683
    14. Rays - bmorebrad
    15. White Sox - PrinceofFame96
    16. Giants - WhoDeyLeisure
    17. Royals - IBEW124
    18. Cubs - purplesmurf710

Last edited by Admin on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 34 times in total
    h00dlum850
    h00dlum850

MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST Empty Re: MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST

Post  h00dlum850 Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:23 pm

lets get this party started! GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    destyni9

MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST Empty Re: MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST

Post  destyni9 Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 am

id like to join GT is destyni9 team i would like is the Mets
    egotgame

MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST Empty League

Post  egotgame Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 am

I'd like to join and would like the Dodgers-assuming this is a fantasy draft and we are picking teams just based on where we play the games.....

Also, I need to find out some info on rules. I read the section but it didn't really say what sliders/setting are for these games.

THX
    h00dlum850
    h00dlum850

Post  h00dlum850 Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:01 pm

egotgame wrote:I'd like to join and would like the Dodgers-assuming this is a fantasy draft and we are picking teams just based on where we play the games.....

Also, I need to find out some info on rules. I read the section but it didn't really say what sliders/setting are for these games.

THX

well its a new year..just feeling it out..all rules and such will be posted after commish and all the co commish's come to terms on how this league will be set. I assure you this a league that will last and wont put up with cheesers.
    egotgame

Post  egotgame Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Well I would like to join if that is ok'd by the commish or whomever needs to add me. Also, this is a fantasy draft league correct?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:10 pm

egot... yes, this is a fantasy draft league. and as of now what we will likely do is play the game on "all-star" or "HOF" difficulty while leaving the sliders set to default. If this game is like last year it does not allow for midseason tweaking, so if we dont like the way the settings are, we just have to play through it and then change it the next season.

i did get a chance to look at the options when creating a league.. and it is looking as if we will be playing around 35-40 games per season.. with that pace we SHOULD be able to draft, play the season and post season all in about a month and a half, allowing us to play multiple seasons with multiple attempts at drafting a team.

i know last years game had several "bugs" in it when it came to online league play. because of this i will be setting up a test league with a select few members just so we can run through a quick test draft and play a few days of the schedule. I will also be taking any feedback from the members involved in the "test league" and looking to make changes to improve the real league if needed.

if you have any other questions or concerns.. hit me up
    egotgame

Post  egotgame Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks for all the info! I know mzimmerman113 wants in and he gets his copy tonight...so do you think you will be using the new analog controls for league games? I don't think you can have one person use them and one person not use them. Its def. going to take some time to learn as I am finding out, but its a nice challenge.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:35 pm

from what i can tell so far... the type of controls used is determined by the individual user, not the game or league settings.. if i am correct in this.. it will be completely optional as to what controls you would like to use. to check the settings go to "online game settings" i believe.

i would be ok with making it the new analog only... BUT without having a way to make sure everyone plays that way.. i cant really do it... i am still debating myself to use classic controls or try getting used to the new analog style now....
    Patri09sox
    Patri09sox

MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST Empty Patri09sox

Post  Patri09sox Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:31 pm

I'll take Baltimore please since my Red Sox and Pirates are gone already.
    h00dlum850
    h00dlum850

Post  h00dlum850 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:35 am

my buddy is going to join as yankees..he'll b joining the website shortly
    farrar2428
    farrar2428

Post  farrar2428 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:53 am

Hey this is hoodlums buddy and i want in. I will take the brew crew if they are still open thanks
    ebrad56

Post  ebrad56 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 am

I will confirm, within a week for sure, if I can play I will take the Rockies, since I hear a non Red Sox fan took them!!
    bestout51683
    bestout51683

MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST Empty Would live to join your league with the Braves.

Post  bestout51683 Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:16 am

PSN:bestout51683
    AIM:bestout51683
    Email:best.out@hotmail.com

when are you available to play?
    Pretty much anytime after 5 p.m. eastern time , and mostly anytime after 9:00 p.m. any day.

and how did you hear about this league?

Was reffered by a friend. His psn i.d. is BORICUBANO
    erecyor21
    erecyor21

Post  erecyor21 Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:48 pm

ebrad56 wrote:I will confirm, within a week for sure, if I can play I will take the Rockies, since I hear a non Red Sox fan took them!!

OHHHHHHHHH lol hey there my favorite team when they play everyone but the mets ! lol
    erecyor21
    erecyor21

Post  erecyor21 Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Admin wrote:from what i can tell so far... the type of controls used is determined by the individual user, not the game or league settings.. if i am correct in this.. it will be completely optional as to what controls you would like to use. to check the settings go to "online game settings" i believe.

i would be ok with making it the new analog only... BUT without having a way to make sure everyone plays that way.. i cant really do it... i am still debating myself to use classic controls or try getting used to the new analog style now....

same here i think u can use what ever controls you will like, no matter the other person has
    bmorebrad
    bmorebrad

Post  bmorebrad Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 pm

i want in. know hoodlum from black ops/madden. i will take the rays
    latinlo22
    latinlo22

Post  latinlo22 Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm down for the league.

Twins - latinlo22
    surgnrse1013

MLB The Show 11 sign-ups. LOCKED, sign-up on WAIT LIST Empty ok im in

Post  surgnrse1013 Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:00 am

i suppose i'll take the cubs
    Patri09sox
    Patri09sox

Post  Patri09sox Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 am

My friend, Jay, will be taking the Blue Jays. He has no computer so I will be registering him on this forum and posting his info. He's on PS3 just about everyday so I know he'll be active.

His PS3 ID is: Pidgeon55

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:12 pm