Average Joe Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average Joe Baseball League

+9
purplesmurf710
IBEW 124
farrar2428
bmorebrad
Bori
egotgame
Patri09sox
erecyor21
Admin
13 posters

League Rules

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

League Rules Empty League Rules

Post  Admin Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:28 am

Owners are required to read the rules and post a reply acknowledging that they have done so.

This is going to be pretty simple guys... play your games.. and play the game the right way. This means TYPICALLY trying to avoid the following things...

Pitching Rotation: 4 man rotation MIN. if you are found to be abusing this and accumulating too many starts with a specific pitcher(s) you will have that pitcher(s) suspended for post season play. This means if we play a 36 game season.. NO SP should have more than 8 appearances.

Early steal
    Excessive Dirtballs
    Showing bunt only to F with the pitcher or draw infield in
    Fast pitching, not allowing batter to access bench or bullpen
    Countless pickoff attempts

** A team may not carry more than 2 CPs on their MLB team** added 3/21/11
    ** A team may not carry more than 6 SPs on their MLB team** added 3/21/11
    **You MAY play your game in any of the 30 current MLB Stadiums** added 5/24/11

**PLEASE Hard wire your internet connection** there is no way to truely enforce this as a rule, but i encourage EVERYONE to actually plug their internet cable into the back of their PS3. I am fully aware that everyone already believes that their internet connection is great and couldnt possibly be whats causing lag... but trust me.. even if your connection says it has a 100% signal strength on a wireless connection.. hard wiring will improve your connection and gameplay for MLB the Show... i know from experience.

Now i do understand that there are times in the game were some of these things are acceptable. Example, i dont think it would be uncommon for a speed player to show bunt then try slapping it past the infield. Doing this ONCE IN A WHILE is acceptable, DO NOT ABUSE IT, and it doesnt mean you try it with a power hitter.

For those of you who know me, you know i am pretty easy going and dont have a lot of rules. i just want you guys to play the game how it should be played, do that and we wont have an issue.

Resolved Games - by now we all understand how the schedule works on the game. i have set the league to allow me to resolve a game up to 24 hours after expiration, after that the CPU will pick the winner. I have made it very clear to all of you that i want you using this website to schedule your games. Reason is because it is the only way i can see who is actively trying to play their games. If you and your opponent can not play the game in time, you have UP TO 24 hours after deadline to get it in, BUT the game must be scheduled on the FORUM in the proper series scheduling thread. if it is not, you risk me resolving the game so we can advance the schedule. I ALWAYS CHECK THE CURRENT SERIES SCHEDULING THREAD BEFORE RESOLVING GAMES, remember that.

IF i notice a pattern of you continually not playing your games i will talk to you, but you will be running the risk of loosing your team. So play your games and play them on time.

Follow these rules and be respectful to other league members, i am all for rivalry and talking a little trash, BUT DO NOT CROSS THE LINE.

Check the Free Agent section for rules regarding Free Agents

If you have a complaint regarding the league or someone in the league, send me a PM on the forum, DO NOT use the message boards to start shit. Message me privately, and we will go from there.

Respect the game, respect each other, or i'll find your replacement.

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 24, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
    erecyor21
    erecyor21

League Rules Empty Re: League Rules

Post  erecyor21 Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:34 pm

any rule on pitching rotation ?
    Patri09sox
    Patri09sox

Post  Patri09sox Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:22 pm

I think the pitching rotation problem was fixed last year. SPs have fatigue now so you almost have to have a 5 man rotation and use it honestly in order for the pitchers to be more effective.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:25 pm

we will see if the fatigue factor does in fact play a part... but regardless of if it does or does not... everyone must use at MIN a 4 man rotation... the way we track it is this... if we play a 36 game schedule.. not starting pitcher should have more than 8 appearances at the end of the season... simple fix if they break the rule... they will be unavailable for post season play
    egotgame

Post  egotgame Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:42 am

I have read and agree to all rules/guidelines for this upcoming season....
    Bori
    Bori

Post  Bori Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:13 am

Got it.
    bmorebrad
    bmorebrad

Post  bmorebrad Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 am

understood
    farrar2428
    farrar2428

Post  farrar2428 Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:26 am

understand rules
    IBEW 124
    IBEW 124

Post  IBEW 124 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Admin wrote:we will see if the fatigue factor does in fact play a part... but regardless of if it does or does not... everyone must use at MIN a 4 man rotation... the way we track it is this... if we play a 36 game schedule.. not starting pitcher should have more than 8 appearances at the end of the season... simple fix if they break the rule... they will be unavailable for post season play

Eh, doesnt 4 X 8 equal 32? 4 X 9 equals 36.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 pm

IBEW 124 wrote:
    Admin wrote:we will see if the fatigue factor does in fact play a part... but regardless of if it does or does not... everyone must use at MIN a 4 man rotation... the way we track it is this... if we play a 36 game schedule.. not starting pitcher should have more than 8 appearances at the end of the season... simple fix if they break the rule... they will be unavailable for post season play

Eh, doesnt 4 X 8 equal 32? 4 X 9 equals 36.

LOL... you are correct... time for the commish to go refresh his math skills... affraid
    purplesmurf710
    purplesmurf710

Post  purplesmurf710 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Sounds very fair to average users. I have read and agree to the terms above.
    StepIN2daFIRE671
    StepIN2daFIRE671

Post  StepIN2daFIRE671 Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Read and will comply... It's my first online league can't wait.
    IBEW 124
    IBEW 124

League Rules Empty League rules

Post  IBEW 124 Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Understood and in compliance
    MZimmerman113
    MZimmerman113

Post  MZimmerman113 Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Got it.
    destyni9

Post  destyni9 Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 pm

got it
    PrinceofFame96

Post  PrinceofFame96 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 pm

I understand rules.
    purplesmurf710
    purplesmurf710

Post  purplesmurf710 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Did we ever determine if SP's appearance was at 8 or 9???

I would also state before the draft the updated: ** A team may not carry more than 2 CPs on their MLB team** added 3/21/11
    ** A team may not carry more than 6 SPs on their MLB team** added 3/21/11

I would not have known unless I went back to look at the league.
    IBEW 124
    IBEW 124

League Rules Empty Battings Avg's suck

Post  IBEW 124 Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Maybe for the next league you should make difficulty easier instead of harder. Our ERA is way tooooo low and hitting avgs way to lowww also. This is the 1 or 2 run league for the win.

The next league if it is any harder i wont be joining as this gets boring after all the lowwww scoring games. Sim not 1 run wins the game. Ought to just play whoever scores first gets the win,lol.

Just saying the PITCHERS over-perform and the batters look like high schoolers.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:49 pm

IBEW.. i do hear ya and completely understand... i do think it is a little bit unreal as of now... i have actually been thinking about a few possible solutions...

First we are going to get a bit deeper into the season to see if the hitting starts to come around.. if it does not we can look into adjusting some settings and/or sliders

but i do agree with you... if we get later into the season and teams are still having < 1 ERA and <.200 BA.. we do need to address it.

This is a GAME and although it should be competitive.. it must remain FUN at the same time... im trying to give all owners a chance to play a good amount of games and i have been trying to get some feedback from a number of you... as far as gameplay is concerned, from what i am hearing the majority of this league is doing great... there are a few of you i will be talking to though.

here are some of the issues/concerns i want to make sure everyone is aware of....

1. Make sure you have read the rules... this is not a "win at all costs" league.. this league is about a group of guys that love playing this game and want somewhere they can play fair, competitive games while avoiding the typical lobby ball bs.

2. Just because something is not covered in the rules... does NOT mean its ok... there is a general statement saying to NOT do anything unrealistic that is an attempt to take advantage of the game... KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

3. PITCHING... there is no set rules on pitching.. i DO NOT want to have to have any.. HOWEVER, if i get multiple complaints on how a guy pitches.. i will likely talk to him.. by no means do i think you should throw meatballs to your opponents... but given the nature of this league... give them something they can at least put in play. If your pitching style is to start every batter with balls hoping they chase and get themselves out, and you only decide to come into the strikezone or nibble the corners when you are forced too.. this likely is not a league for you.... NO ONE in this league wants to waste time watching you throw 3 balls to every batter... AGAIN.. for the most part this is not an issue with you guys so far.. only a few.. and i'm waiting to see if you guys adjust before i bring it up individually with you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:58 am